WORLD-RENOWNED CHEF’S TOP LEADERSHIP & ENTREPRENEURSHIP LESSONS
A lot of great leaders come from humble backgrounds and that stands true with one of Australia’s most well known chefs and restaurateurs Matt Moran.
Founder of such dining establishments as Aria Sydney and Opera Bar, Matt has 30+ years in the food industry and grew from a simple farm boy and dish washer to now known as the pioneer of ‘paddock to plate’. Matt has received the Chef’s Hat in the Good Food Guide and is also a best-selling author of multiple cookbooks.
Discover the journey of this true blue Aussie in this episode of Unstoppable and find out the massive leadership lessons he’s gained from his years of hard work and heart work in his multiple award-winning sustainability focused restaurants.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 00:00 – Introduction to Matt Moran
- 04:19 – Growing up on a farm and dealing with ADHD as a child
- 16:11 – The start of Matt’s entrepreneur journey
- 22:23 – How to lead a team in a high-pressure environment & building Aria
- 30:02 – Opening Opera Bar, going back to farming and the journey to becoming a restaurateur
- 34:30 – How COVID-19 has impacted the hospitality industry & finding the opportunities in the pandemic
- 45:18 – The importance of sustainability in the food industry
FOLLOW MATT MORAN
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
From flat-lining in an emergency room to competing in 4 World Triathlon Championships to coaching 100+ Olympians and world-leading CEOs, Craig Johns knows what it means to live an Unstoppable life.
If you want to learn the secrets to discipline, confidence, and leadership within your own journey to success, hear the lessons and experiences Michelle Battersby has gained with her success on Unstoppable today.
From escaping persecution by immigrating to Australia, to being bullied as a kid, to burning out from 16 hour days and being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, Izhar Basha has utilised all the odds that were against him to build the multimillion dollar empire that is EHPlabs.
- High performance hacks for anyone from athletes to CEOs | Craig Johns | Unstoppable #104 - August 3, 2020
- The habits and lessons of a successful woman | Michelle Battersby | Unstoppable #103 - July 27, 2020
- World-renowned chef’s top leadership & entrepreneurship lessons | Matt Moran | Unstoppable #102 - July 20, 2020