Why you need to become a GREAT leader to become Unstoppable | Avril Henry
Most of us shy away from leadership because we fear discomfort and responsibility. But doing so robs us of the key to our success and personal growth.
So what exactly makes GREAT leader?
In this week’s Unstoppable, I’m joined by Leadership Futurist – Avril Henry who coaches us on how to really elevate your self-leadership to take to the next level on your personal development pathway.
Avril is the Founder of AHAA! management consultancy firm, author of multiple best-selling books and has received many awards including AFR Westpac’s 100 Women of Influence!
Don’t miss it!
In this episode, you will learn:
- 05:48 -Experiencing the Apartheid in South Africa and moving to Australia at 22
- 13:08 – How we should see failure
- 16:45 – Introducing maternity and paternity leave in Australia
- 24:07 – How to find your passion, stand up for yourself and how to see big changes as opportunities to reinvent yourself
- 29:26 – What are the biggest mistakes that people make in difficult situations?
- 35:38 – How to be authentic and what self-love really is
- 40:43 – Kerwin’s experience of finding authenticity
- 43:33 – How to coach someone properly – Avril coaching Kerwin
- 53:07 – How to not blame yourself and change a fixed mindset to a growth mindset
FOLLOW AVRIL HENRY:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
In this episode of Unstoppable, I talk to neuroscientist and former hacker, Dr Moran Cerf where he shared with me some of the secrets of our brain. If you’re a marketer, filmmaker, entrepreneur or speaker this is the podcast for you.
After going through a divorce and experiencing a ‘rebirth’ John Kim started his coaching movement, calling himself “The Angry Therapist”. He built a devoted following who loved his authenticity and transparency by sharing his story, something that therapists are not allowed to do.
From professional AFL football to Ayurvedic medicine, Mark has been on a journey of self fulfilment and health.