Why you need to become a GREAT leader to become Unstoppable | Avril Henry
Most of us shy away from leadership because we fear discomfort and responsibility. But doing so robs us of the key to our success and personal growth.
So what exactly makes GREAT leader?
In this week’s Unstoppable, I’m joined by Leadership Futurist – Avril Henry who coaches us on how to really elevate your self-leadership to take to the next level on your personal development pathway.
Avril is the Founder of AHAA! management consultancy firm, author of multiple best-selling books and has received many awards including AFR Westpac’s 100 Women of Influence!
Don’t miss it!
In this episode, you will learn:
- 05:48 -Experiencing the Apartheid in South Africa and moving to Australia at 22
- 13:08 – How we should see failure
- 16:45 – Introducing maternity and paternity leave in Australia
- 24:07 – How to find your passion, stand up for yourself and how to see big changes as opportunities to reinvent yourself
- 29:26 – What are the biggest mistakes that people make in difficult situations?
- 35:38 – How to be authentic and what self-love really is
- 40:43 – Kerwin’s experience of finding authenticity
- 43:33 – How to coach someone properly – Avril coaching Kerwin
- 53:07 – How to not blame yourself and change a fixed mindset to a growth mindset
FOLLOW AVRIL HENRY:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Julian is the CEO of Life Cykel, an evolutionary focused mycelium biotechnology company, whose mission is to enable people and the environment to grow healthier with mushrooms.
Anthony’s journey as an entrepreneur is a must-listen for anyone looking to build a company through creative problem-solving.
In this episode of Unstoppable, I speak to Michael Fox, CEO of Fable Food Co, a company that provides meat alternatives that taste exactly like meat, but without harming animals.