Why you need to become a GREAT leader to become Unstoppable | Avril Henry
Most of us shy away from leadership because we fear discomfort and responsibility. But doing so robs us of the key to our success and personal growth.
So what exactly makes GREAT leader?
In this week’s Unstoppable, I’m joined by Leadership Futurist – Avril Henry who coaches us on how to really elevate your self-leadership to take to the next level on your personal development pathway.
Avril is the Founder of AHAA! management consultancy firm, author of multiple best-selling books and has received many awards including AFR Westpac’s 100 Women of Influence!
Don’t miss it!
In this episode, you will learn:
- 05:48 -Experiencing the Apartheid in South Africa and moving to Australia at 22
- 13:08 – How we should see failure
- 16:45 – Introducing maternity and paternity leave in Australia
- 24:07 – How to find your passion, stand up for yourself and how to see big changes as opportunities to reinvent yourself
- 29:26 – What are the biggest mistakes that people make in difficult situations?
- 35:38 – How to be authentic and what self-love really is
- 40:43 – Kerwin’s experience of finding authenticity
- 43:33 – How to coach someone properly – Avril coaching Kerwin
- 53:07 – How to not blame yourself and change a fixed mindset to a growth mindset
FOLLOW AVRIL HENRY:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
If you want to understand your relationships, emotions, and overall self better, start here with first ever return guest Dr Vanessa Lapointe! Buckle up for another massive episode: EPISODE 100.
Want to set the example of equality, diversity and positivity through conscious leadership? Explore how you can bring a brighter tomorrow with the CEO of Diversity Council Australia, Lisa Annese today on Unstoppable.
If you want the secret to maximizing your potential in life, achieving peak performance in your work, and expanding your mind’s capacity and creativity, then this is the episode for you.