Why telling your authentic story could change your life
This week’s episode of Unstoppable features one of the kindest human beings I know, Nick Bowditch. Nick is an entrepreneur, storyteller and best-selling author, and is an addict who lives with depression, anxiety and PTSD. And in this ep we talk about the importance of stories and why so many of us suck at telling our authentic stories in real life and on social media. We also explore Nick’s history of mental health, trauma and his relationship with perfection in life and parenting, as well as diving deep into the topic of addiction. If you want to learn to better connect with people and yourself, and start living your truth, this is not one you want to miss.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 4:38 – Why you don’t connect with people on social media
- 10:45 – Don’t try to be perfect. Try to be better than you were yesterday.
- 24:01 – Greatest lessons from an addict
- 32:36 – We’re all addicted and we all need to work on ourselves
FOLLOW Nick Bowditch:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Can you imagine the experience of being kidnapped as a kid, live as a criminal, drug addict, to then find your purpose and become a threefold world champion? This is the unstoppable story of Chris ‘Tatted Strength’ Luera.
Young men today face a very real problem, mental health and the stigma surrounding it. For anyone with a young man in their life who needs support, you need to start having this conversation. Find out how with myself and my guest of this week, Melissa Abu-Gazaleh, Top Blokes Foundation Founder and CEO.
Latest posts by Kerwin Rae (see all)
- The Social Media Wrap – 17 January 2020 - January 17, 2020
- Here’s how you can help with the Australian bushfire crisis - January 14, 2020
- The Social Media Wrap – 10th January 2020 - January 10, 2020