Why We Should Say NO More
With Roy Cook
Coming up to the middle of the year, motivation can be difficult to acquire. However, after watching this podcast with Roy Cook, Author of ‘A Fool’s Errand: Why Your Goals Are Falling Short and What You Can Do about It’, I can guarantee that you will finish the episode with a newfound sense of incentive and direction.
Roy became an entrepreneur at the age of 52, running his own national marketing company that dealt with the top 50 Blue Chip companies. Just 11 years after he began his journey, he developed a range of principles which led to his retirement soon after starting his own business.
In this podcast, Roy delves into these principles, and how you can reach complete fulfillment from living these values every day. He further explains how to identify your core values by assessing your behaviour, and how you should use your core values to eliminate toxicity out of your life
In this episode, you will learn:
- 00:00 What does Roy do?
- 07:00 How to discover if a job isn’t right for you
- 09:00 How Roy discovered his true core values
- 12:00 How to define ‘values’
- 18:00 Value disconnection
- 21:00 How Roy helps others identify their values
- 25:00 Do values shift over time, or is it just our interpretation changing?
- 30:00 How Roy tests his values
- 37:00 What to do if you feel trapped in a position outside your values
- 45:00 How to set goals based on your values
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
With more than 20 years of experience in Marketing & Sales, Ricardo Gutierrez has traveled to over 60 countries, 400 cities & 6 continents, helping educate clients all over the world discover their purpose in life, helping them get on track.
This guest delivered one of the most open, honest and refreshing conversations I’ve had in a while on this podcast. Amy Ledin, CEO of the multi-million dollar company ‘Lean Bodies Consulting’ and former U.S Navy bootcamp coach, has been through indescribable pain and adversity in her lifetime.
Anthony ‘Harry’ Moffitt, after almost 30 years, recently retired from the Australian Defence Force in the Special Air Service (SAS) Regiment as a Team Commander and Team Specialist. Following his service, Harry is now a registered psychologist and author of Eleven Bats, a book sharing the powerful lessons he has learned in his lifetime.
- Why We Should Say NO More | Roy Cook | S2 EP 6 - April 26, 2021
- What War Teaches Us About Our Potential | Harry Moffitt | S2 EP5 - April 20, 2021
- How to be indistractible | Nir Eyal | Unstoppable #106 - August 17, 2020