Unstoppable grit and resilience
What can running 140 ultra-marathons and the equivalent of 3 trips around the equator teach you about grit, tenacity, and resilience? On this episode of Unstoppable I sit down with athlete Lisa Tamati. In 2009 she became the first Kiwi woman to run 217km non-stop through the hottest desert on Earth, The Death Valley. More people have successfully climbed Mt Everest than have completed this race. Few people know what it means to be unstoppable like Lisa does.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 2:50 Illegally running through the Libyan desert
- 13:52 The correlation between being an athlete and entrepreneur
- 24:27 Reaching the transcendent state while racing
- 30:50 How Lisa bought her mum back from a vegetable state…
- 39:00 The benefits of hyperbaric chambers
- 42:00 Lisa’s long and difficult journey with pregnancy
FOLLOW Lisa Tamati:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
From flat-lining in an emergency room to competing in 4 World Triathlon Championships to coaching 100+ Olympians and world-leading CEOs, Craig Johns knows what it means to live an Unstoppable life.
If you want to learn the secrets to discipline, confidence, and leadership within your own journey to success, hear the lessons and experiences Michelle Battersby has gained with her success on Unstoppable today.
Discover the journey of this true blue Aussie, Matt Moran, in this episode of Unstoppable and find out the massive leadership lessons he’s gained from his years of hard work and heart work in his multiple award-winning sustainability-focused restaurants.