Unstoppable grit and resilience
What can running 140 ultra-marathons and the equivalent of 3 trips around the equator teach you about grit, tenacity, and resilience? On this episode of Unstoppable I sit down with athlete Lisa Tamati. In 2009 she became the first Kiwi woman to run 217km non-stop through the hottest desert on Earth, The Death Valley. More people have successfully climbed Mt Everest than have completed this race. Few people know what it means to be unstoppable like Lisa does.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 2:50 Illegally running through the Libyan desert
- 13:52 The correlation between being an athlete and entrepreneur
- 24:27 Reaching the transcendent state while racing
- 30:50 How Lisa bought her mum back from a vegetable state…
- 39:00 The benefits of hyperbaric chambers
- 42:00 Lisa’s long and difficult journey with pregnancy
FOLLOW Lisa Tamati:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
If you want an insight into the brain behind 60,000+ interviews, including 7 US presidents, throughout his 62 years in the broadcasting business, you’ve come to the right place. Larry King is a confirmed legend and it is my honour to present him to you on Unstoppable.
All entrepreneurs start with a level of naivety that drives them in the early days of business. The couple behind the Bounce Ball empire are no different. I talk to Andy & Paula about the juggle of a successful family and business. This power couple is inspiring. Listen up.