Unstoppable grit and resilience
What can running 140 ultra-marathons and the equivalent of 3 trips around the equator teach you about grit, tenacity, and resilience? On this episode of Unstoppable I sit down with athlete Lisa Tamati. In 2009 she became the first Kiwi woman to run 217km non-stop through the hottest desert on Earth, The Death Valley. More people have successfully climbed Mt Everest than have completed this race. Few people know what it means to be unstoppable like Lisa does.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 2:50 Illegally running through the Libyan desert
- 13:52 The correlation between being an athlete and entrepreneur
- 24:27 Reaching the transcendent state while racing
- 30:50 How Lisa bought her mum back from a vegetable state…
- 39:00 The benefits of hyperbaric chambers
- 42:00 Lisa’s long and difficult journey with pregnancy
FOLLOW Lisa Tamati:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Julian is the CEO of Life Cykel, an evolutionary focused mycelium biotechnology company, whose mission is to enable people and the environment to grow healthier with mushrooms.
Anthony’s journey as an entrepreneur is a must-listen for anyone looking to build a company through creative problem-solving.
In this episode of Unstoppable, I speak to Michael Fox, CEO of Fable Food Co, a company that provides meat alternatives that taste exactly like meat, but without harming animals.