Understanding calisthenics for beginners
If you’ve followed my health and fitness journey, you’ll know that calisthenics took me and my body to places I’d never even dreamed of!
Which is why I’m so excited to be able to speak to Co-Founder of the World Calisthenics Organization (WCO) and creator of Systematic Calisthenics Kenneth Gallarzo in this week’s episode of Unstoppable. Step up your performance in more ways than one as we cover Calisthenics, Yoga, Ayurveda and more in this ultimate performance episode.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 06:33 – Why calisthenics?
- 07:26 -The history of calisthenics
- 09:32 – What brought calisthenics back to the mainstream?
- 12:06 – How “Battle of the Bars” started
- 21:36 – The type of exercises you need to do in calisthenics
- 26:26 – This is what makes calisthenics different
- 31:01 – Mixing calisthenics with yoga
- 37:09 – Ayurveda and why society needs it!
- 47:01 – How to start with calisthenics when you don’t have access to a trainer?
- 49:15 – The future of calisthenics
FOLLOW Kenneth Gallarzo:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
From surviving the Iraq Civil War, witnessing the murder of his brother, nearly kidnapped multiple times, to finally becoming a refugee in the United States, Faisal Saeed Al Mutar is an inspiration. Founder of Ideas Beyond Borders, he is unstoppable in a different way than most of us know.
Dr. Shefali specialises in conscious parenting, which will not only show you how to become a better parent to build children who grow into healthy adults, but to help you understand your own childhood and inner child better too. This is for anyone who wants to shift their mindset, heal their past, and change the world on a global and future level.
Dr. Howard Samuels is a leading drug and alcohol addiction expert. But his journey here consisted of addiction to drugs by 16, arrested at 17, and in and out of rehab. He has had a closer relationship to addiction than most and tells all in this special episode of Unstoppable.