This week in media news, Vine releases a new video looping app named Byte, LinkedIn sees record engagement, and retail marketers are increasing their social media budgets in 2020.
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- A recent survey found that 52% of all retail marketers are looking to increase their social media ad spend, a further 50% of which will use more than half their marketing budget on social media.
- Of those surveyed 96% plan to increase their Facebook budget, 56% will increase their Twitter budget, and 22% will turn to Instagram.
Source: Retail Dive.
- The platform reached record levels of engagement in the last quarter of 2019, experiencing the highest rates of growth in the company’s history.
Source: Social Media Today.
- The founders Vine released a new video-looping app, Byte.
- The app received 1.3 million downloads in it’s first week, exceeding the download rate of both Vine and TikTok.
- 70% of all downloads came from North America, making it the highest engaging region.
Source: Mobile Marketer.
- The hidden power of mushrooms | Julian Mitchell | Unstoppable #114 - October 13, 2020
- From the navy to the business world | Anthony Richardson | Unstoppable #113 - October 5, 2020
- How to produce tasty meat without killing animals | Michael Fox | Unstoppable #112 - September 28, 2020