This week in media news, Facebook is experimenting with hiding likes, Messenger adds more business tools, and Spotify now allows users to share music to Facebook stories.
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- Some users have spotted Facebook hiding the number of likes from posts, just months after Instagram did the same.
- Facebook confirmed to Tech Crunch that they will be trialing hiding the number of likes, and are considering removing the likes count all together.
- Affected users will just see the name of someone who liked the post, not the number of likes or reactions the post has.
Source: Tech Crunch.
- New tools include lead generation templates in Messenger, appointment booking features, and improved conversion reporting.
- These features will be made available later in the year.
- Spotify users will now be able to share music and podcasts via Facebook stories.
- Almost identical to the feature on Instagram, users can select a track, tap “share”, and choose Facebook as an option.
Source: The Verge.
- The hidden power of mushrooms | Julian Mitchell | Unstoppable #114 - October 13, 2020
- From the navy to the business world | Anthony Richardson | Unstoppable #113 - October 5, 2020
- How to produce tasty meat without killing animals | Michael Fox | Unstoppable #112 - September 28, 2020