This week in media news, Instagram and Facebook roll out new features that reach highly targeted audiences, and Twitter adds warning labels for high profile users.
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- Instagram is slowly rolling out ads in the Explore section to allow for seamless integration
- When you tap into a post on your Explore feed and scroll down to see related posts, ads will appear in these lists
- This will allow higher chances for ads to be seen by even more highly targeted audiences
- Get more info here on how it will work
- Facebook is rolling out a new option for Pages to target their ‘Top Fans’ directly
- If you don’t have ‘Top Fans’ yet, note that the badge is only available to Pages with more than 10K followers.
- If you have over 10K followers, you will have to turn on Top Fan Badges in the Facebook Badges section of your Page Settings. Find out more on how to do that here
Source: Social Media Today
- You can now add a new feature in Stories called “Join Chat” for an easy way to start conversations with a group of your friends
- The person who posts the story approves who joins the chat
- This can help build stronger connections with followers
- If a certain post has violated Twitter rules but was posted by high-profile users, Twitter will add a warning label on it as these tweets are “in the public interest.”
- The tweet won’t be viewable in searches, Life Events pages, recommendations or notifications.
- Accounts that will have these warning labels applied to have to meet these criteria:
- Be or represent a government official, be running for public office, or be considered for a government position;
- Have more than 100,000 followers; and
- Be verified
- High performance hacks for anyone from athletes to CEOs | Craig Johns | Unstoppable #104 - August 3, 2020
- The habits and lessons of a successful woman | Michelle Battersby | Unstoppable #103 - July 27, 2020
- World-renowned chef’s top leadership & entrepreneurship lessons | Matt Moran | Unstoppable #102 - July 20, 2020