Marketers are updating their social media strategy for 2020 to include Messenger functions, influencers, and YouTube and Facebook stories, all of which are experiencing high ROI.
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- According to a report, more than 64% of people would rather message than call a business, with 20 billion messages exchanged between people and business on Messenger each month.
- User expectations are increasing, and Facebook encourages brands to explore automation options like chatbots, engagement strategies, and to consider the user experience.
- A survey of 4,000 brand marketers found that 66% of marketers are planning on increasing their influencer budgets for 2020, projected to reach as much as US$9.2 billion.
- 91% of marketers find influencer marketing effective, with earned media value as high as $18 for every dollar spent.
- This is particularly important for brands targeting younger consumers, as 44% of Generation Z have made purchasing decisions based on influencer recommendations, compared to 25% of the general population.
Source: Mobile Marketer.
- With Facebook’s monthly audience of 2.5 billion and YouTube’s 2 billion, and the rising popularity of the Stories feature, it’s no wonder that marketers are seizing the opportunity.
- Animoto reports that according to a survey, YouTube is the #1 platform for discovering new brands, while Facebook is the key platform for consumers to communicate with brands and make purchase decisions.
- The Art of Listening from a World-Class Manager | Adam Mendler | S2 EP 4 - April 13, 2021
- The hidden power of mushrooms | Julian Mitchell | Unstoppable #114 - October 13, 2020
- From the navy to the business world | Anthony Richardson | Unstoppable #113 - October 5, 2020