This week in media news, Facebook removes likes and adds CTA options to Stories ads, and YouTube adds new comments filters.
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- Following Instagram’s lead, Facebook has hidden the number of likes on posts.
- The test has begun in Australia on mobile devices, with the possibility of extending worldwide and onto the desktop.
Source: Social Media Today.
- YouTube creators can search the comments section of their videos, and filter by options such as “comments I haven’t responded to” and “contains questions”, among others.
- The feature can be found in YouTube studio on desktop, and YouTube hopes to expand by adding more filters in the future.
- Businesses can add a “send message” prompt to their Stories ads, that will allow viewers to transition to the brands DM’s without leaving the app.
- The feature appears as a small button at the bottom of stories, with arrows to indicate the viewer should swipe up to message.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Social Media Hack Guide