This week in media news, Instagram begins work with a new messaging app and increases ad load, TikTok launches in-app purchases, and LinkedIn creates new Insights hub.
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- Facebook is working on a new app called Threads, which enables small groups of friends to interact.
- Threads is designed to be a companion app to Instagram, that will allow user’s Close Friends list to see active status, location, speed, and messages.
- This comes after Instagram closed their direct messaging app, Direct, earlier this year.
- Companies can now create a sponsored Hashtag Challenge that allows viewers to click through and make purchases in-app.
- US grocery chain Kroger was the first to try out the feature, with a #TransformYourDorm challenge, that featured a “Shop now” link where viewers could click through and purchase on a mobile-optimized site.
- LinkedIn have added an Insights and Research page to their existing SuccessHub.
- Users will be able to explore insights from specific industries, audiences, and the LinkedIn advertising landscape.
- Instagram has confirmed an increased amount of ads both in feeds and in stories- some studies show an increase of 22-23%.
- Marketers note the opportunity for businesses to take advantage of increased ad load, as well as the potential for ad fatigue.
Source: Marketing Land.