This week in media news, LinkedIn adds new features for Groups, while Facebook and Instagram share some interesting trends for 2020.
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- The report details emerging trends in Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and North America with data that outlines the demographics and growth rate of each topic.
- In the past, Facebook’s monthly Hot Topics and Trends To Watch reports have proved accurate in predicting trends and popular topics.
- LinkedIn announced it will be giving Group admins more options in an effort to decrease spam and self-promotion.
- New features include blocking members from commenting, approving all posts before publication, and the power to prevent group members from sending invitations.
Source: Social Media Today.
- Social media marketing firm Socialbakers confirmed Instagram Stories have experienced a 70% increase in ad spend since Q3, compared to a 0.3% gain in ad spend for Facebook Stories
- The rise in ad spend suggests marketers are seeing considerable results from Instagram Stories, along with influencer marketing.
Source: Mobile Marketer.
- The Art of Listening from a World-Class Manager | Adam Mendler | S2 EP 4 - April 13, 2021
- The hidden power of mushrooms | Julian Mitchell | Unstoppable #114 - October 13, 2020
- From the navy to the business world | Anthony Richardson | Unstoppable #113 - October 5, 2020