This week in social media news, Instagram tests new stories notifications feature, while Facebook brings back paid search ads and Pinterest launches Mobile Ad Tools.
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- Instagram is potentially rolling out a “Stories about you” button in the notifications tab
- The feature notifies users when they’ve been tagged in a story and allows them to view all stories they’ve been tagged in
- Users have traditionally been notified of tags in stories via DM, but the move would consolidate all notifications in the same place
Source: Social Media Today.
- Facebook discontinued paid search results in 2013, but are in the process of reintroducing it to business pages
- Facebook reportedly facilitates over 2 billion searches per day
- Businesses will now be able to pay to advertise their business in users search results
- Mobile Ad Tools launched on the 25th of July and is targeted at small to medium sized businesses
- Features include adjusting daily budgets, pausing an ad, detailed targeting options and setting campaign duration from your mobile
- In July Facebook brought IGTV to their Creator Studio
- This allows businesses to schedule IGTV posts