This week in media news, Instagram and Pinterest experiment with shoppable collections, Facebook tests a Favourites option, and Twitter allows users to hide replies to tweets.
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- Users can choose to hide and remove replies to their tweets.
- If a Tweet has hidden replies, a small grey button will appear that gives users the option to “see hidden replies”.
- The Favourites option would allow users to share their Facebook and Messenger stories with a select group of friends.
Source: Social Media Today.
- A few small curated collections of products are available for purchase in-app, featuring items centered around popular themes of the year.
- Some collections include #PartyLewk, #Wanderlust, #MakeUpQueens, and #NewParents
- Pinterest Shop showcases a range of Product Pins from 17 selected small retailers on Pinterest.
- Each retailer has 20 items and Pinterest plans to expand to Pinterest Shop if it proves to be successful.
Source: Retail Dive.
Latest posts by Kerwin Rae (see all)
- The Social Media Wrap – 17 January 2020 - January 17, 2020
- Here’s how you can help with the Australian bushfire crisis - January 14, 2020
- The Social Media Wrap – 10th January 2020 - January 10, 2020