This week in media news, eBay, Instagram and Twitter reveal emphasis on more personalised content, posting and overall experience for users.
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- eBay announced they are implementing an AI feature that will create a more personalised shopping experience for customers
- It will allow shoppers to see items that are more suited to their interests and shopping habits
- This machine learning feature will also help customers who can’t describe the item they’re looking for to upload to an image search function instead
- Instagram is rolling out new features to Stories again
- Instagram will soon automatically save everything you capture on your Stories camera for 7 days which allows you to capture moments and post your favorites later easily from the app
- Instagram is also developing a new Stopmotion Story Camera mode so you can easily create interesting videos on your Stories without recording any actual videos
- Pinterest is continuing to expand shopping experiences on its platforms for its consumers as well as for businesses selling products
- 47% of social media users use Pinterest to discover and shop for products. That’s 3x higher than Facebook and Instagram.
- Read more about what Pinterest is doing to increase your shopping experience here
Source: Mobile Marketer
- Twitter currently has a feature called Lists which not a lot of people know about
- You can create custom feeds based on any interest you have by selecting users you want to have on that list
- They’re currently developing ways to make it more accessible and easy to use for users as you can see in this example here