This week, we explore what the coronavirus means for the retail sector, and how Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter are supporting employees and businesses during this uncertain time.
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- As the global coronavirus pandemic causes both panic buying and isolation, retail stores of all sizes are bound to experience changes.
- Mass merchants and stores that offer a broad range of products such as groceries, cleaning supplies, and personal care products are thought to be well protected.
- Niche retail stores with high overhead, existing debt, little online presence and reliance on foot traffic are at a higher risk of impact. If you’re concerned your business may be at risk, keep an eye out for our Corona Care Package on our social channels.
Source: Retail Dive.
- Up to 30,000 small businesses across 30 countries will be eligible for cash grants and ad credits, if they have been affected by coronavirus.
- The grants can be used to cover operational costs, connect with customers, and support employees.
- They will be taking applications in the coming weeks. In the meantime, you can sign up to receive more information when it becomes available.
- A recent blog post from Twitter advises brands to stay up to date on news and government advice, anticipate changes in customer behaviour, and be sensitive with their tone during the coronavirus outbreak.
- LinkedIn Learning is offering free access to 16 Working From Home courses as a large portion of the workforce is now working remotely due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Courses include advice on how to stay productive, helpful tools to make the remote experience seamless, and balancing personal and professional life while working from home.
Source: Social Media Today.
If you own a business and are concerned about how you may be affected by the coronavirus, check out our FREE Corona Ready Strategy Sessions to get your business #CoronaReady.