This week in media news, Snapchat addresses mental health, Instagram gives users unfollow suggestions, and Pinterest rolls out a Verified Merchant’s program.
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- Users who type mental health-related keywords into Snapchat’s search bar will be shown Snapchat’s new “Here for you” feature which includes resources from experts designed to help users cope.
- Words such as anxiety, depression, or bullying will prompt the resource and a list of relevant content that talks about mental health in a productive way.
Source: Social Media Today.
- Instagram will now show divide users Following categories into two lists, Most Shown in Feed, and Least Interacted With.
- The feature is designed to bring users closer together with the people and accounts that genuinely interest them.
Source: Tech Crunch.
- After a holiday quarter increase in revenue, Pinterest launched a Verified Merchant program that allows users to browse products and purchase from trustworthy retailers.
- Retailers will need to share customer service information, shipping policy, and other information in order to sign up.
Source: Mobile Marketer