This week in media news, Instagram and Facebook add new tools and updates to decrease negative posts, and Twitter has released its newest event calendar!
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- Instagram’s AI technology will be used to detect potentially harmful comments. When detected, it will encourage users to review and undo their comment
- They are also testing a new way to help protect accounts from unwanted interactions called Restrict. It’s like a shadow ban but the user will not be notified.
- They will be the only ones to see their own comments on your page, as well as not being able to see when you’re active or have read their DM
- They have made 2 updates to reduce reach of misleading or exaggerated health claims posts
- They identify these posts through previous commonly used phrases in similar posts
- Facebook product manager, Travis Yeh says, “If a Page stops posting this content, their posts will no longer be affected by this change.”
- TikTok Rewards allows U.S. users to redeem points for prizes
- Points are collected by inviting friends to the app through unique invitation codes
- Rewards include gift cards to places like Starbucks, Uber, Sephora, Domino’s, and Walmart
- TikTok Rewards is not as smooth as it could be yet and still has some drawbacks to using it. Read more here
- Twitter releases event calendars each month to help content creators prepare for key dates throughout the month
- It can also help your business keep on top of important dates for your social media strategy
Source: Social Media Today