This week in media news, Facebook introduces several new options, while Snapchat launches CreativeKits.
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- With Creative Kit, brands can add a “share to Snapchat” button to their website, which would allow users to share a custom sticker from the brand to their Snapchats.
- Once the sticker is shared on Snapchat, users can click through to the brands’ website.
- Earlier this year, Facebook began testing search ads with a select group of advertisers.
- Now, the feature will be available to all advertisers on the platform. Ads can be placed within the Facebook search function, with all keywords relating to commercial function.
- Search ads are currently only available on mobile, but will be expanding to desktop in the future.
- Last week, the Facebook News tab debuted to an audience of 200,000 in the US and will continue to be rolled out in the coming weeks.
- The content will be compiled from specially verified Facebook pages, with Facebook encouraging publishers and media companies to apply for the verification.
- Any page that repeatedly shares misinformation or does not adhere to guidelines will have their verification revoked.
- The optional Preventive Health tool would remind users to get regular medical checkups, based on their age and gender.
- Facebook will also show users a map of all the locations they can go to receive medical care for check ups.
- Advertisers will be able to add multiple text options when setting up ads, which Facebook will then choose from when displaying ads to different audiences.
- The Multiple Text Optimization feature includes primary text, headlines, and description.