This week in media news, TikTok users can now insert GIF’s from Giphy, Pinterest introduces browsable catalogues, Snapchat presents Instant Create, and could Instagram and WhatsApp be getting renamed?
Will you be implementing any of these into your digital marketing strategy? Anything we missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts, post in the comments below:
- Facebook will be rebranding both Instagram and WhatsApp, as “Instagram from Facebook” and “WhatsApp from Facebook”
- The decision has been met with controversy, as Facebook’s reputation has been tarnished by data and privacy scandals
- There are concerns the association could affect how people feel toward Instagram and WhatsApp
- Zuckerberg reportedly made the call as he believes Facebook deserves more credit for Instagram and WhatsApp’s growth
Source: The Information.
- A new feature will let TikTok users add GIF’s to their videos with the click of a button
- Giphy will be generating a library of GIF stickers, many of which are inspired by memes that originated on TikTok, such as “here’s the tea”
- Businesses can now attach a catalogue to product pins
- When clicking on a product pin, users can click a button that says “see more from brand”, and browse similar items from the seller
Source: Marketing Dive.
- Instant Create will be available in Ad Manager, and simplifies the ad creation process
- There are just three steps; choose an objective, enter business site, and finalise targeting
- Users can find the feature in Ad Manager, when clicking on Create Ad
- The option is available in Ad Manager, under the option “Create Ad”. Users can then select between Instant Create, or Advanced Create for multiple ad sets and advanced formats
- The Art of Listening from a World-Class Manager | Adam Mendler | S2 EP 4 - April 13, 2021
- The hidden power of mushrooms | Julian Mitchell | Unstoppable #114 - October 13, 2020
- From the navy to the business world | Anthony Richardson | Unstoppable #113 - October 5, 2020