The Power of Meditation on Stress & Anxiety
This week features our every first digital Unstoppable episode and what better way to start than through the exploration of how meditation could shift humanity out of a state of crisis.
Tom Cronin is the founder of The Stillness Project, a global movement to inspire 1 billion people to meditate daily. And he is also the creator of The Portal, a cinematic experience and book that follows six stories of overcoming trauma, anxiety, depression and PTSD using meditation.
If you are looking to dramatically shift the trajectory of your brain, health, relationships and life…meditation and mindfulness might just be the key you’ve been looking for.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 1:37 – Spending the ’80s with Wall Street Wolves
- 9:04 – Shifts in identity through mindfulness and meditation
- 16:36 – Meditation as a high performer tool and the benefits it can have
- 23:07 – The inspiration behind documentary film “The Portal”
- 28:36 – Working with kids and meditation
- 30:15 – What happens to our brains when we meditate and how high stress affects our consciousness
- 43:56 – Vedic and Vipassana meditation
- 50:45 – How skydiving and military training can help regulate fear
- 58:35 – How meditation can make you lose your fears and work in high intensity situations
FOLLOW Tom Cronin?:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
We have Neurobiologist, Chemical Pharmacologist, and Writer on Psychedelic Drugs, Dr. Andrew Gallimore on the show. His research focuses mostly on N,N-dimethyltryptamine, or the more common name, DMT.
One of Australia’s most successful entrepreneurs, Fred Schebesta is an award-winning business leader, he is best known for co-founding one of the world’s leading comparison websites, Finder.com in 2006. Finder exploded in the Australian market after it launched and following its success it also launched in the United States in 2015 and in the United Kingdom in 2017.
Did you know that high stress is the doorway to high performance? Most people never experience the true beauty of stress and the gifts that it brings because they don’t want to sit in discomfort.
But all professional athletes, successful businessmen, and world-leading experts, have experienced, often for prolonged periods of times, and utilised high stress and pain to their advantage. And Olympic Gold Medallist Natalie Cook is no different.