The hidden power of mushrooms
Did you know that mushrooms can change their DNA so that cotton, leather, and even polyester can become food for them? That penicillin comes from the fungi kingdom? That there’s a phobia to mushrooms and they’re even considered the Earth’s natural internet?
These are just some of the amazing facts about mushrooms that Julian Mitchell shared with me in this episode of Unstoppable. Julian is the CEO of Life Cykel, an evolutionary focused mycelium biotechnology company, whose mission is to enable people and the environment to grow healthier with mushrooms. He co-founded Life Cykel with Ryan Creed in 2015 and rapidly grew their business by focusing on producing the highest quality bioavailable full spectrum mushroom liquid extracts as well as some of the highest quality mushroom products.
They offer an incredible range of products and services for health and planetary harmony, all consisting of the humble mushroom. They have liquid extracts, mushroom powder, mushroom protein, and even grow kits that give people the opportunity to grow their own mushrooms at home. Life Cykel also works closely with the National Mushroom Network, Mushroom honey, and Beemunity, products that support the immunity of bees.
Life Cykel has been featured in a range of media including Channel 9, the Sydney Morning Herald, The Joe Rogan Experience, SBS and Beauticate. Now we have the pleasure of having Julian on Unstoppable, sharing with us his journey as an entrepreneur, from being a physiotherapist to becoming one of the most environmentally conscious mushroom farmers in Australia.
Whether you’re a plant enthusiast, an entrepreneur or you’re just a curious soul who would like to learn the secrets of the fungi kingdom, this episode is for you!
In this episode, you will learn:
- 01:44 – What is Life Cykel and what Julian Mitchell does?
- 02:58 – The studies on mushrooms and how they’re becoming mainstream
- 07:19 – The benefits of the supplements made with mushrooms
- 14:14 – When and how Julian went from physiotherapy to a mushroom farmer?
- 19:58 – Starting his entrepreneurial journey and the distribution of their product
- 22:43 – The science and research on mushrooms and how they built their business model
- 26:42 – The type of mushrooms Life Cykel grow and the secret of their success
- 29:17 – What’s the King of mushrooms? And what are its benefits?
- 32:31 – The most common myths and stigmas around mushrooms
- 34:43 – This is why people are getting interested in researching mushrooms
- 35:56 – The power and importance of mushrooms in our world
- 38:50 – The problem with today’s food production
- 41:19 – Mushrooms and their power to connect people to earth
- 42:43 Kerwin’s experience with PTSD and how mushrooms helped him
- 45:19 – The use of mushrooms in ancient times and how their conception changed with time
- 47:15 – What’s coming for Life Cykel and their products?
FOLLOW Life Cykel
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Anthony’s journey as an entrepreneur is a must-listen for anyone looking to build a company through creative problem-solving.
In this episode of Unstoppable, I speak to Michael Fox, CEO of Fable Food Co, a company that provides meat alternatives that taste exactly like meat, but without harming animals.
In this episode of Unstoppable, I talk to neuroscientist and former hacker, Dr Moran Cerf where he shared with me some of the secrets of our brain. If you’re a marketer, filmmaker, entrepreneur or speaker this is the podcast for you.
- The hidden power of mushrooms | Julian Mitchell | Unstoppable #114 - October 13, 2020
- From the navy to the business world | Anthony Richardson | Unstoppable #113 - October 5, 2020
- How to produce tasty meat without killing animals | Michael Fox | Unstoppable #112 - September 28, 2020