Faisal Saeed Al Mutar
The fight for human rights
A lot of us have different interpretations of “Unstoppable”, but Faisal Saeed Al Mutar, is truly unstoppable on another level. From surviving the Iraq Civil War, witnessing the murder of his brother, nearly kidnapped multiple times, to finally becoming a refugee in the United States, there’s no doubt he’s an inspiration.
Faisal is the founder of Ideas Beyond Brothers, a non-profit that seeks to empower people living under authoritarian regimes, through education and knowledge. This is unstoppable in a different way than most of us know – let me know what connected with you the most about Faisal’s incredible story of resilience.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 09:32 – Ideas Beyond Borders
- 16:10 – Importance of social media in spreading knowledge
- 19:34 – Growing up in the middle of war and facing military invasion
- 29:04 – The life of a 12 year old in a war
- 35:39 – The power of staying positive in the worst times
- 40:11 – Addiction to inspiration despite dysfunctional environments
- 42:20 – Losing his brother and experiencing 3 kidnapping attempts
- 55:26 – The defining moment in Faisal’s life
- 1:01:32 – When Ideas Beyond Borders started and how people can support the organization
FOLLOW Faisal Saeed Al Mutar :
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
We have Neurobiologist, Chemical Pharmacologist, and Writer on Psychedelic Drugs, Dr. Andrew Gallimore on the show. His research focuses mostly on N,N-dimethyltryptamine, or the more common name, DMT.
One of Australia’s most successful entrepreneurs, Fred Schebesta is an award-winning business leader, he is best known for co-founding one of the world’s leading comparison websites, Finder.com in 2006. Finder exploded in the Australian market after it launched and following its success it also launched in the United States in 2015 and in the United Kingdom in 2017.
Did you know that high stress is the doorway to high performance? Most people never experience the true beauty of stress and the gifts that it brings because they don’t want to sit in discomfort.
But all professional athletes, successful businessmen, and world-leading experts, have experienced, often for prolonged periods of times, and utilised high stress and pain to their advantage. And Olympic Gold Medallist Natalie Cook is no different.