Revealing the truth and busting myths about gangs
In a world that could use with a little more love and acceptance, I am honoured to bring in gang expert Alex Alonso. This man has dedicated his life to study gangs and educate the rest of the world about the truth of gang culture. Hollywood has played a big role in shaping the worlds beliefs of gang members and this inaccurate image is affecting real people every day. Grab your popcorn and an open mind because your old beliefs about gangs are about to be shattered.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 10:53 – How Hollywood shaped people’s perceptions about Gang culture
- 12:30 – Biggest myths of gangs
- 21:52 – How Gangs organise?
- 28:21 – The history of “The Bloods and the Crips”
- 34:50 – The places where Gangs are born
- 37:00 – Why do people join Gangs?
- 40:19 – The evolution of Gangs
- 43:00 – The main goal of exploring the gang culture
FOLLOW Alex Alonso:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Can you imagine the experience of being kidnapped as a kid, live as a criminal, drug addict, to then find your purpose and become a threefold world champion? This is the unstoppable story of Chris ‘Tatted Strength’ Luera.
Young men today face a very real problem, mental health and the stigma surrounding it. For anyone with a young man in their life who needs support, you need to start having this conversation. Find out how with myself and my guest of this week, Melissa Abu-Gazaleh, Top Blokes Foundation Founder and CEO.