RAISING AN EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT CHILD
Three years ago I had the greatest pleasure of interviewing parenting expert and registered psychologist with 15+ years of experience, best selling author, and overall incredible mum and human being, Dr Vanessa Lapointe.
She has changed thousands of parent-child relationships across the globe and it is with great excitement that I welcome her back for our first ever return guest to the show for Episode 100 of Unstoppable!
So if you want to understand your relationships, emotions, and overall self better, you need to start here with reparenting yourself first to pass wisdom, not wounds, down to future generations. Buckle up for another massive episode.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 04:30 – The impact of COVID-19 on parenting
- 06:45 – The role and goal of a parent
- 08:48 – The problem of co-dependent children
- 13:27 – Parental emotions effect on children
- 23:25 – How to discipline your kids
- 31:40 – How your childhood disciplining could affect your relationships as an adult
- 41:27 – How to build the foundations of trust in your kids
- 47:56 – Teaching honesty to your children
- 56:21 – How to teach gratitude to our kids
- 58:03 – Family integrations
FOLLOW DR VANESSA LAPOINTE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Jon Levy is a behavioural scientist best known for his work in influence, human connection, and decision making. Jon specializes in applying the latest research to transform the ways companies approach marketing, sales, consumer engagement, and culture. His clients range from Fortune 500 brands, like Microsoft, Google, AB-InBev, and Samsung, to startups.
In this podcast, Riana and I have a deep conversation about the 10 types of childhood trauma, and how they may be affecting your behaviours and relationships without you knowing it. This episode will leave you reassessing the issues in your life.
In her time as a war journalist for Fox News Digital for over fourteen years, her exclusive and detailed interviews with a range of war victims surrounding the topics of torture, sex slavery, forced child jihadist training and refugees have left her as one of the most authentic, determined and committed journalists in our time.
- Why We Should Say NO More | Roy Cook | S2 EP 6 - April 26, 2021
- What War Teaches Us About Our Potential | Harry Moffitt | S2 EP5 - April 20, 2021
- How to be indistractible | Nir Eyal | Unstoppable #106 - August 17, 2020