RAISING AN EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT CHILD
Three years ago I had the greatest pleasure of interviewing parenting expert and registered psychologist with 15+ years of experience, best selling author, and overall incredible mum and human being, Dr Vanessa Lapointe.
She has changed thousands of parent-child relationships across the globe and it is with great excitement that I welcome her back for our first ever return guest to the show for Episode 100 of Unstoppable!
So if you want to understand your relationships, emotions, and overall self better, you need to start here with reparenting yourself first to pass wisdom, not wounds, down to future generations. Buckle up for another massive episode.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 04:30 – The impact of COVID-19 on parenting
- 06:45 – The role and goal of a parent
- 08:48 – The problem of co-dependent children
- 13:27 – Parental emotions effect on children
- 23:25 – How to discipline your kids
- 31:40 – How your childhood disciplining could affect your relationships as an adult
- 41:27 – How to build the foundations of trust in your kids
- 47:56 – Teaching honesty to your children
- 56:21 – How to teach gratitude to our kids
- 58:03 – Family integrations
FOLLOW DR VANESSA LAPOINTE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
From flat-lining in an emergency room to competing in 4 World Triathlon Championships to coaching 100+ Olympians and world-leading CEOs, Craig Johns knows what it means to live an Unstoppable life.
If you want to learn the secrets to discipline, confidence, and leadership within your own journey to success, hear the lessons and experiences Michelle Battersby has gained with her success on Unstoppable today.
Discover the journey of this true blue Aussie, Matt Moran, in this episode of Unstoppable and find out the massive leadership lessons he’s gained from his years of hard work and heart work in his multiple award-winning sustainability-focused restaurants.
- High performance hacks for anyone from athletes to CEOs | Craig Johns | Unstoppable #104 - August 3, 2020
- The habits and lessons of a successful woman | Michelle Battersby | Unstoppable #103 - July 27, 2020
- World-renowned chef’s top leadership & entrepreneurship lessons | Matt Moran | Unstoppable #102 - July 20, 2020