RAISING AN EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT CHILD
Three years ago I had the greatest pleasure of interviewing parenting expert and registered psychologist with 15+ years of experience, best selling author, and overall incredible mum and human being, Dr Vanessa Lapointe.
She has changed thousands of parent-child relationships across the globe and it is with great excitement that I welcome her back for our first ever return guest to the show for Episode 100 of Unstoppable!
So if you want to understand your relationships, emotions, and overall self better, you need to start here with reparenting yourself first to pass wisdom, not wounds, down to future generations. Buckle up for another massive episode.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 04:30 – The impact of COVID-19 on parenting
- 06:45 – The role and goal of a parent
- 08:48 – The problem of co-dependent children
- 13:27 – Parental emotions effect on children
- 23:25 – How to discipline your kids
- 31:40 – How your childhood disciplining could affect your relationships as an adult
- 41:27 – How to build the foundations of trust in your kids
- 47:56 – Teaching honesty to your children
- 56:21 – How to teach gratitude to our kids
- 58:03 – Family integrations
FOLLOW DR VANESSA LAPOINTE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Julian is the CEO of Life Cykel, an evolutionary focused mycelium biotechnology company, whose mission is to enable people and the environment to grow healthier with mushrooms.
Anthony’s journey as an entrepreneur is a must-listen for anyone looking to build a company through creative problem-solving.
In this episode of Unstoppable, I speak to Michael Fox, CEO of Fable Food Co, a company that provides meat alternatives that taste exactly like meat, but without harming animals.
- How to be indistractible | Nir Eyal | Unstoppable #106 - August 17, 2020
- Mindfulness over matter | Asher Packman | Unstoppable #105 - August 10, 2020
- High performance hacks for anyone from athletes to CEOs | Craig Johns | Unstoppable #104 - August 3, 2020