It’s time to talk about young men’s mental health
Young men today face a very real problem, mental health and the stigma surrounding it. We all have a role to play when it comes to building a safer community, and The Top Blokes Foundation is helping to educate young men about mental health and how to open up about it. Today, their CEO and Founder, Melissa Abu-Gazaleh, is on the podcast talking about how we can educate and bring guidance to young boys right through to adulthood. For anyone with a young man in their life who needs support, you need to start having this conversation.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 7:26 – The problem with young men’s mental health
- 10:15 – How Top Blokes Foundation works with young males
- 14:00 – The key factors that lead to mental health issues in men
- 19:18 – The importance of using correct language when talking about mental health to kids
- 26:54 – How do you talk to boys about pornography?
- 32:20 – The deal with masculinity in the modern age
- 41:23 – Teaching better decisions making skills around risk taking
FOLLOW Melissa Abu-Gazaleh:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Julian is the CEO of Life Cykel, an evolutionary focused mycelium biotechnology company, whose mission is to enable people and the environment to grow healthier with mushrooms.
Anthony’s journey as an entrepreneur is a must-listen for anyone looking to build a company through creative problem-solving.
In this episode of Unstoppable, I speak to Michael Fox, CEO of Fable Food Co, a company that provides meat alternatives that taste exactly like meat, but without harming animals.
- How to be indistractible | Nir Eyal | Unstoppable #106 - August 17, 2020
- Mindfulness over matter | Asher Packman | Unstoppable #105 - August 10, 2020
- High performance hacks for anyone from athletes to CEOs | Craig Johns | Unstoppable #104 - August 3, 2020