It’s time to talk about young men’s mental health
Young men today face a very real problem, mental health and the stigma surrounding it. We all have a role to play when it comes to building a safer community, and The Top Blokes Foundation is helping to educate young men about mental health and how to open up about it. Today, their CEO and Founder, Melissa Abu-Gazaleh, is on the podcast talking about how we can educate and bring guidance to young boys right through to adulthood. For anyone with a young man in their life who needs support, you need to start having this conversation.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 7:26 – The problem with young men’s mental health
- 10:15 – How Top Blokes Foundation works with young males
- 14:00 – The key factors that lead to mental health issues in men
- 19:18 – The importance of using correct language when talking about mental health to kids
- 26:54 – How do you talk to boys about pornography?
- 32:20 – The deal with masculinity in the modern age
- 41:23 – Teaching better decisions making skills around risk taking
FOLLOW Melissa Abu-Gazaleh:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
My interview with Sanjay Rawal, American Documentary Film Director, discusses a range of topics from spirituality, to his movies to the power of the heart and how we can quiet our minds. This episode is one you don’t want to miss if you truly want to better understand the connection between the soul and the body.
Carrie Wilkerson, keynote speaker and author of “The Barefoot Executive,” talks about the importance of finding our “why,” how it changes over time, how important it is in entrepreneurship and being a leader. She also talks in depth about how entrepreneurship may not be for everyone.
Imagine being able to tune your brain to where it’s fully focused and immersed in the zone. This can be achieved via a Flow State. Listen to this episode with me and the Co-Founder of Flow Research Collective Rian Doris and learn how you can do this too.
Latest posts by Kerwin Rae (see all)
- THE SECRET TO SALES | Tom Hopkins - February 3, 2020
- FROM PRISON TO WORLD-CHAMPION | Chris ‘Tatted Strength’ Luera - January 27, 2020
- It’s time to talk about young men’s mental health | Melissa Abu-Gazaleh - January 20, 2020