It’s time to talk about young men’s mental health
Young men today face a very real problem, mental health and the stigma surrounding it. We all have a role to play when it comes to building a safer community, and The Top Blokes Foundation is helping to educate young men about mental health and how to open up about it. Today, their CEO and Founder, Melissa Abu-Gazaleh, is on the podcast talking about how we can educate and bring guidance to young boys right through to adulthood. For anyone with a young man in their life who needs support, you need to start having this conversation.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 7:26 – The problem with young men’s mental health
- 10:15 – How Top Blokes Foundation works with young males
- 14:00 – The key factors that lead to mental health issues in men
- 19:18 – The importance of using correct language when talking about mental health to kids
- 26:54 – How do you talk to boys about pornography?
- 32:20 – The deal with masculinity in the modern age
- 41:23 – Teaching better decisions making skills around risk taking
FOLLOW Melissa Abu-Gazaleh:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
CEO of ‘The Veloz Group’ and Co-Founder of countless successful businesses in various industries such as Beverly Hills Chairs, Custom Tobacco & Veloz Solutions, Adam Mendler is no stranger to the high pressure environment that comes with business management.
In this podcast episode, I was lucky enough to be able to speak with award-winning author, strategist and Co-Founder of ExO Works, Salim Ismail.
In this episode of Unstoppable, I had the opportunity to speak with Steven Kotler, the Executive Director of Flow Research Creative, a business which looks to help individuals accomplish their most ambitious professional goals by unlocking their peak possible human performance.
- How to be indistractible | Nir Eyal | Unstoppable #106 - August 17, 2020
- Mindfulness over matter | Asher Packman | Unstoppable #105 - August 10, 2020
- High performance hacks for anyone from athletes to CEOs | Craig Johns | Unstoppable #104 - August 3, 2020