It’s time to talk about young men’s mental health
Young men today face a very real problem, mental health and the stigma surrounding it. We all have a role to play when it comes to building a safer community, and The Top Blokes Foundation is helping to educate young men about mental health and how to open up about it. Today, their CEO and Founder, Melissa Abu-Gazaleh, is on the podcast talking about how we can educate and bring guidance to young boys right through to adulthood. For anyone with a young man in their life who needs support, you need to start having this conversation.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 7:26 – The problem with young men’s mental health
- 10:15 – How Top Blokes Foundation works with young males
- 14:00 – The key factors that lead to mental health issues in men
- 19:18 – The importance of using correct language when talking about mental health to kids
- 26:54 – How do you talk to boys about pornography?
- 32:20 – The deal with masculinity in the modern age
- 41:23 – Teaching better decisions making skills around risk taking
FOLLOW Melissa Abu-Gazaleh:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
If you want to understand your relationships, emotions, and overall self better, start here with first ever return guest Dr Vanessa Lapointe! Buckle up for another massive episode: EPISODE 100.
Want to set the example of equality, diversity and positivity through conscious leadership? Explore how you can bring a brighter tomorrow with the CEO of Diversity Council Australia, Lisa Annese today on Unstoppable.
If you want the secret to maximizing your potential in life, achieving peak performance in your work, and expanding your mind’s capacity and creativity, then this is the episode for you.