How to Innovate in Business & Revolutionize an Industry
Ever wanted to know what kind of courage it takes to start and run a successful business during a recession or crisis?
Stevan Premutico is the founder of hospitality tech startup Dimmi (now The Fork) back in 2009 during the Global Financial Crisis which was acquired in 2015 for $25m. He then founded me&u, another hospitality tech company, which has secured $11m from investors, and successfully pivoted during COVID-19 downturns in the hopitality sector.
If you, like me, love a good never-back-down, against-all-odds entrepreneurship story of resilience and innovation, this is the one to watch. Check it out!
In this episode, you will learn:
- 02:57 – The motivation behind becoming Unstoppable
- 07:20 – Capital Raising 101: How to grab investors, the process of creating a pitch, and understanding why investors invest
- 13:01 – The challenges of starting a business
- 24:05 – Pivoting a business during COVID-19 (me&u)
- 32:22 – Developing resilience in childhood
- 44:04 – The importance of obsession and naivety in the entrepreneur journey
- 49:05 – Top 3 routines & good habits every entrepreneur needs
- 52:39 – What makes a good leader?
- 57:58 – The importance of values in relationships and business
- 1:02:50 – Stevan’s mantra in life
FOLLOW Stevan Premutico:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Anthony ‘Harry’ Moffitt, after almost 30 years, recently retired from the Australian Defence Force in the Special Air Service (SAS) Regiment as a Team Commander and Team Specialist. Following his service, Harry is now a registered psychologist and author of Eleven Bats, a book sharing the powerful lessons he has learned in his lifetime.
CEO of ‘The Veloz Group’ and Co-Founder of countless successful businesses in various industries such as Beverly Hills Chairs, Custom Tobacco & Veloz Solutions, Adam Mendler is no stranger to the high pressure environment that comes with business management.
In this podcast episode, I was lucky enough to be able to speak with award-winning author, strategist and Co-Founder of ExO Works, Salim Ismail.