How to Innovate in Business & Revolutionize an Industry
Ever wanted to know what kind of courage it takes to start and run a successful business during a recession or crisis?
Stevan Premutico is the founder of hospitality tech startup Dimmi (now The Fork) back in 2009 during the Global Financial Crisis which was acquired in 2015 for $25m. He then founded me&u, another hospitality tech company, which has secured $11m from investors, and successfully pivoted during COVID-19 downturns in the hopitality sector.
If you, like me, love a good never-back-down, against-all-odds entrepreneurship story of resilience and innovation, this is the one to watch. Check it out!
In this episode, you will learn:
- 02:57 – The motivation behind becoming Unstoppable
- 07:20 – Capital Raising 101: How to grab investors, the process of creating a pitch, and understanding why investors invest
- 13:01 – The challenges of starting a business
- 24:05 – Pivoting a business during COVID-19 (me&u)
- 32:22 – Developing resilience in childhood
- 44:04 – The importance of obsession and naivety in the entrepreneur journey
- 49:05 – Top 3 routines & good habits every entrepreneur needs
- 52:39 – What makes a good leader?
- 57:58 – The importance of values in relationships and business
- 1:02:50 – Stevan’s mantra in life
FOLLOW Stevan Premutico:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
We have Neurobiologist, Chemical Pharmacologist, and Writer on Psychedelic Drugs, Dr. Andrew Gallimore on the show. His research focuses mostly on N,N-dimethyltryptamine, or the more common name, DMT.
One of Australia’s most successful entrepreneurs, Fred Schebesta is an award-winning business leader, he is best known for co-founding one of the world’s leading comparison websites, Finder.com in 2006. Finder exploded in the Australian market after it launched and following its success it also launched in the United States in 2015 and in the United Kingdom in 2017.
Did you know that high stress is the doorway to high performance? Most people never experience the true beauty of stress and the gifts that it brings because they don’t want to sit in discomfort.
But all professional athletes, successful businessmen, and world-leading experts, have experienced, often for prolonged periods of times, and utilised high stress and pain to their advantage. And Olympic Gold Medallist Natalie Cook is no different.