HOW TO BE INDISTRACTABLE
With addictive technologies and lowering attention spans, being able to avoid distraction is the skill of the century. Just imagine how much time you would save and how many things you could get done if you were completely ‘indistractible’.
Behavioural designer Nir Eyal joins us in this week’s Unstoppable podcast to teach you how to form good habits and how to break bad ones – so that you can get your time back.
Nir has taught as a Lecturer in Marketing at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and Design and is the author of ‘Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products’ and ‘Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life’
In this episode, you will learn:
- 00:00 – The power of habits
- 05:50 – Why Facebook is so addictive
- 11:11 – What’s required to form a habit?
- 13:30 – Why Facebook could disappear
- 15:38 – The 2 types of manipulation
- 19:34 – How to become ‘indistractible’ in 4 steps
- 27:40 – The 3 different types of pacts
- 33:12 – The importance of community in developing a habit and the 3 types of variable rewards
- 34:50 – Why the skill of the century is to be ‘indistractable’
FOLLOW NIR EYAL
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Julian is the CEO of Life Cykel, an evolutionary focused mycelium biotechnology company, whose mission is to enable people and the environment to grow healthier with mushrooms.
Anthony’s journey as an entrepreneur is a must-listen for anyone looking to build a company through creative problem-solving.
In this episode of Unstoppable, I speak to Michael Fox, CEO of Fable Food Co, a company that provides meat alternatives that taste exactly like meat, but without harming animals.
- How to be indistractible | Nir Eyal | Unstoppable #106 - August 17, 2020
- Mindfulness over matter | Asher Packman | Unstoppable #105 - August 10, 2020
- High performance hacks for anyone from athletes to CEOs | Craig Johns | Unstoppable #104 - August 3, 2020