HOW TO BE INDISTRACTABLE
With addictive technologies and lowering attention spans, being able to avoid distraction is the skill of the century. Just imagine how much time you would save and how many things you could get done if you were completely ‘indistractible’.
Behavioural designer Nir Eyal joins us in this week’s Unstoppable podcast to teach you how to form good habits and how to break bad ones – so that you can get your time back.
Nir has taught as a Lecturer in Marketing at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and Design and is the author of ‘Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products’ and ‘Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life’
In this episode, you will learn:
- 00:00 – The power of habits
- 05:50 – Why Facebook is so addictive
- 11:11 – What’s required to form a habit?
- 13:30 – Why Facebook could disappear
- 15:38 – The 2 types of manipulation
- 19:34 – How to become ‘indistractible’ in 4 steps
- 27:40 – The 3 different types of pacts
- 33:12 – The importance of community in developing a habit and the 3 types of variable rewards
- 34:50 – Why the skill of the century is to be ‘indistractable’
FOLLOW NIR EYAL
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
With more than 20 years of experience in Marketing & Sales, Ricardo Gutierrez has traveled to over 60 countries, 400 cities & 6 continents, helping educate clients all over the world discover their purpose in life, helping them get on track.
This guest delivered one of the most open, honest and refreshing conversations I’ve had in a while on this podcast. Amy Ledin, CEO of the multi-million dollar company ‘Lean Bodies Consulting’ and former U.S Navy bootcamp coach, has been through indescribable pain and adversity in her lifetime.
Roy Cook, entrepreneur at the age of 52, ran his own national marketing company that dealt with the top 50 Blue Chip companies. Just 11 years after he began his journey, he developed a range of principles which led to his retirement soon after starting his own business.
- Why We Should Say NO More | Roy Cook | S2 EP 6 - April 26, 2021
- What War Teaches Us About Our Potential | Harry Moffitt | S2 EP5 - April 20, 2021
- How to be indistractible | Nir Eyal | Unstoppable #106 - August 17, 2020