From the navy to the business world
In this episode of Unstoppable, I speak with former Royal Australian Navy Sailor and founder of AUSFIT and Q83, Anthony Richardson.
After 11 years as a mine warfare specialist, Anthony started manufacturing his fitness product out of necessity. The bars they used for training were too long and required peripherals, like clips and weights. These bars were not designed to be used outdoors and often rusted on the outdoor decks of the ships.
This motivated Anthony to formulate a product that could resolve all these problems; his own version of a torsion bar. He focused on anti-roll capability and portability, but also rust resistance, and the rest is history. His product was a success. They have sold over 10,000 units just in Australia and now sell to the military and gyms in Britain, the USA and New Zealand.
In 2018 Anthony released an independent tool that allows social publishers to create live, interactive media kits for brands and agencies named Q-83, which is now servicing over 100 brands and agencies.
Anthony’s journey as an entrepreneur is a must-listen for anyone looking to build a company through creative problem-solving.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 01:26 – Anthony’s beginnings, what attracted him to the Navy?
- 08:47 – Starting his journey as an entrepreneur
- 12:50 – How he sold his product to the military
- 24:32 – Expanding his business to the USA and the tactical supply business
- 26:30 – Starting other businesses in the marketing, influencer and social media landscape
- 33:35 – How COVID-19 impacted his business and the biggest lessons learned
FOLLOW Ausfit Tactical
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Julian is the CEO of Life Cykel, an evolutionary focused mycelium biotechnology company, whose mission is to enable people and the environment to grow healthier with mushrooms.
In this episode of Unstoppable, I speak to Michael Fox, CEO of Fable Food Co, a company that provides meat alternatives that taste exactly like meat, but without harming animals.
In this episode of Unstoppable, I talk to neuroscientist and former hacker, Dr Moran Cerf where he shared with me some of the secrets of our brain. If you’re a marketer, filmmaker, entrepreneur or speaker this is the podcast for you.
- The hidden power of mushrooms | Julian Mitchell | Unstoppable #114 - October 13, 2020
- From the navy to the business world | Anthony Richardson | Unstoppable #113 - October 5, 2020
- How to produce tasty meat without killing animals | Michael Fox | Unstoppable #112 - September 28, 2020