From the navy to the business world
In this episode of Unstoppable, I speak with former Royal Australian Navy Sailor and founder of AUSFIT and Q83, Anthony Richardson.
After 11 years as a mine warfare specialist, Anthony started manufacturing his fitness product out of necessity. The bars they used for training were too long and required peripherals, like clips and weights. These bars were not designed to be used outdoors and often rusted on the outdoor decks of the ships.
This motivated Anthony to formulate a product that could resolve all these problems; his own version of a torsion bar. He focused on anti-roll capability and portability, but also rust resistance, and the rest is history. His product was a success. They have sold over 10,000 units just in Australia and now sell to the military and gyms in Britain, the USA and New Zealand.
In 2018 Anthony released an independent tool that allows social publishers to create live, interactive media kits for brands and agencies named Q-83, which is now servicing over 100 brands and agencies.
Anthony’s journey as an entrepreneur is a must-listen for anyone looking to build a company through creative problem-solving.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 01:26 – Anthony’s beginnings, what attracted him to the Navy?
- 08:47 – Starting his journey as an entrepreneur
- 12:50 – How he sold his product to the military
- 24:32 – Expanding his business to the USA and the tactical supply business
- 26:30 – Starting other businesses in the marketing, influencer and social media landscape
- 33:35 – How COVID-19 impacted his business and the biggest lessons learned
FOLLOW Ausfit Tactical
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Anthony ‘Harry’ Moffitt, after almost 30 years, recently retired from the Australian Defence Force in the Special Air Service (SAS) Regiment as a Team Commander and Team Specialist. Following his service, Harry is now a registered psychologist and author of Eleven Bats, a book sharing the powerful lessons he has learned in his lifetime.
CEO of ‘The Veloz Group’ and Co-Founder of countless successful businesses in various industries such as Beverly Hills Chairs, Custom Tobacco & Veloz Solutions, Adam Mendler is no stranger to the high pressure environment that comes with business management.
In this podcast episode, I was lucky enough to be able to speak with award-winning author, strategist and Co-Founder of ExO Works, Salim Ismail.
- The Art of Listening from a World-Class Manager | Adam Mendler | S2 EP 4 - April 13, 2021
- The hidden power of mushrooms | Julian Mitchell | Unstoppable #114 - October 13, 2020
- From the navy to the business world | Anthony Richardson | Unstoppable #113 - October 5, 2020