There’s something very special happening when your child says they’re bored.
Here’s 3 very good reasons why you should do nothing.
- When there’s a lot of space children develop a sense of self concept.
- Boredom gives children’s imagination an opportunity to run free.
- It’s in independent play children’s sense of who they are develops, it grows.
It’s incredibly important to have space in our lives, particularly when we are children, and to see what comes out of that. For all these reasons, boredom is healthy for children.
When I think about independent play it takes me to that place of creating space in a child’s world for them to just be. Allow them to just ‘be’ versus instructing them to ‘do’ this or that.
Children need the world to be quiet enough so that they can hear themselves.
Imagine being three-years-old – when you are poetry itself – and you can hear yourself.
If that’s your ongoing experience in childhood, what are you going to look like when you’re 42!
Give the gift of boredom to your kids today!
FREE DOWNLOAD: 2019 GOAL PLANNER
- The hidden power of mushrooms | Julian Mitchell | Unstoppable #114 - October 13, 2020
- From the navy to the business world | Anthony Richardson | Unstoppable #113 - October 5, 2020
- How to produce tasty meat without killing animals | Michael Fox | Unstoppable #112 - September 28, 2020