There’s something very special happening when your child says they’re bored.
Here’s 3 very good reasons why you should do nothing.
- When there’s a lot of space children develop a sense of self concept.
- Boredom gives children’s imagination an opportunity to run free.
- It’s in independent play children’s sense of who they are develops, it grows.
It’s incredibly important to have space in our lives, particularly when we are children, and to see what comes out of that. For all these reasons, boredom is healthy for children.
When I think about independent play it takes me to that place of creating space in a child’s world for them to just be. Allow them to just ‘be’ versus instructing them to ‘do’ this or that.
Children need the world to be quiet enough so that they can hear themselves.
Imagine being three-years-old – when you are poetry itself – and you can hear yourself.
If that’s your ongoing experience in childhood, what are you going to look like when you’re 42!
Give the gift of boredom to your kids today!
FREE DOWNLOAD: 2019 GOAL PLANNER
Latest posts by Kerwin Rae (see all)
- How to create tension to close sales - September 17, 2019
- THE SOCIAL MEDIA WRAP – 13TH SEPTEMBER 2019 - September 13, 2019
- What happens when you actually follow your purpose in life? | Lorena Gaxiola - September 9, 2019