Dr Howard Samuels
Dealing with drugs, alcohol and addiction
I had the chance to sit down with the incredible Dr. Howard Samuels and talk about all things addiction from drugs to alcohol to even love! He is a leading drug and alcohol addiction expert with years of experience running the successful Hills Treatment Center in Los Angeles as Founder and CEO.
But his journey here was tougher than you could imagine. Addicted to drugs by 16, arrested at 17, and in and out of rehab, Dr. Samuels has had a closer relationship to addiction than most and he tells all in this special episode of Unstoppable.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 05:20 – Does drug addiction start with genetics?
- 06:10 – The hidden problem with weed
- 08:14 – Getting arrested at 17, dealing drugs, and rehab
- 16:53 – The addict negative belief system about self
- 27:45 – His father’s death
- 31:50 – The only thing that creates change in addicts
- 36:57 – What is love addiction?
- 48:27 – Working with abandonment issues
- 1:03:00 – This is the reality of being sober
- 1:11:15 – Using psychedelics in therapy
- 1:18:50 – Legalization of cannabis
- 1:24:15 – The greatest gift of being an addict
FOLLOW Dr Howard Samuels:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Anthony ‘Harry’ Moffitt, after almost 30 years, recently retired from the Australian Defence Force in the Special Air Service (SAS) Regiment as a Team Commander and Team Specialist. Following his service, Harry is now a registered psychologist and author of Eleven Bats, a book sharing the powerful lessons he has learned in his lifetime.
CEO of ‘The Veloz Group’ and Co-Founder of countless successful businesses in various industries such as Beverly Hills Chairs, Custom Tobacco & Veloz Solutions, Adam Mendler is no stranger to the high pressure environment that comes with business management.
In this podcast episode, I was lucky enough to be able to speak with award-winning author, strategist and Co-Founder of ExO Works, Salim Ismail.