Dr Howard Samuels
Dealing with drugs, alcohol and addiction
I had the chance to sit down with the incredible Dr. Howard Samuels and talk about all things addiction from drugs to alcohol to even love! He is a leading drug and alcohol addiction expert with years of experience running the successful Hills Treatment Center in Los Angeles as Founder and CEO.
But his journey here was tougher than you could imagine. Addicted to drugs by 16, arrested at 17, and in and out of rehab, Dr. Samuels has had a closer relationship to addiction than most and he tells all in this special episode of Unstoppable.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 05:20 – Does drug addiction start with genetics?
- 06:10 – The hidden problem with weed
- 08:14 – Getting arrested at 17, dealing drugs, and rehab
- 16:53 – The addict negative belief system about self
- 27:45 – His father’s death
- 31:50 – The only thing that creates change in addicts
- 36:57 – What is love addiction?
- 48:27 – Working with abandonment issues
- 1:03:00 – This is the reality of being sober
- 1:11:15 – Using psychedelics in therapy
- 1:18:50 – Legalization of cannabis
- 1:24:15 – The greatest gift of being an addict
FOLLOW Dr Howard Samuels:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Leading mindset coach & meditation guide Asher Packman tells the heart wrenching story that changed his life forever and how he overcame the odds from cancer to suicide.
From flat-lining in an emergency room to competing in 4 World Triathlon Championships to coaching 100+ Olympians and world-leading CEOs, Craig Johns knows what it means to live an Unstoppable life.
If you want to learn the secrets to discipline, confidence, and leadership within your own journey to success, hear the lessons and experiences Michelle Battersby has gained with her success on Unstoppable today.