Dr Howard Samuels
Dealing with drugs, alcohol and addiction
I had the chance to sit down with the incredible Dr. Howard Samuels and talk about all things addiction from drugs to alcohol to even love! He is a leading drug and alcohol addiction expert with years of experience running the successful Hills Treatment Center in Los Angeles as Founder and CEO.
But his journey here was tougher than you could imagine. Addicted to drugs by 16, arrested at 17, and in and out of rehab, Dr. Samuels has had a closer relationship to addiction than most and he tells all in this special episode of Unstoppable.
In this episode, you will learn:
- 05:20 – Does drug addiction start with genetics?
- 06:10 – The hidden problem with weed
- 08:14 – Getting arrested at 17, dealing drugs, and rehab
- 16:53 – The addict negative belief system about self
- 27:45 – His father’s death
- 31:50 – The only thing that creates change in addicts
- 36:57 – What is love addiction?
- 48:27 – Working with abandonment issues
- 1:03:00 – This is the reality of being sober
- 1:11:15 – Using psychedelics in therapy
- 1:18:50 – Legalization of cannabis
- 1:24:15 – The greatest gift of being an addict
FOLLOW Dr Howard Samuels:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
From surviving the Iraq Civil War, witnessing the murder of his brother, nearly kidnapped multiple times, to finally becoming a refugee in the United States, Faisal Saeed Al Mutar is an inspiration. Founder of Ideas Beyond Borders, he is unstoppable in a different way than most of us know.
Dr. Shefali specialises in conscious parenting, which will not only show you how to become a better parent to build children who grow into healthy adults, but to help you understand your own childhood and inner child better too. This is for anyone who wants to shift their mindset, heal their past, and change the world on a global and future level.
Calisthenics took me and my body to places I’d never even dreamed of which is why I’m so excited to be able to speak to Co-Founder of the World Calisthenics Organization (WCO) Kenneth Gallarzo. Step up your performance in more ways than one in this ultimate performance episode.