Ideal role for an experienced Collections Officer seeking career opportunities.
Kerwin Rae is a leading Small Business Consultant who specialises in providing small to medium sized business owners the tools, strategies and tactics to accelerate growth and overcome the obstacles they encounter on their journey as an entrepreneur.
We specialise in educating, training and supporting business owners to identify, plan and manage marketing, sales and strategic planning in order to grow businesses fast.
Due to our own rapid growth we are looking for a Collections Officer to provide support to our Financial Controller.
Supporting the Financial Controller to keep finances up to date in the business by taking ownership over Collections and consistently delivering results when engaging with elite clients. Working closely with the Financial Controller, the opportunity to explore other areas of accounting within the business will be made available.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Primary: All aspects of accounts receivable including debt collection and payment reconciliations; and assisting staff with system queries.
- Secondary duties include: All aspects of accounts payable and, working closely and providing assistance to the Financial Controller.
Skills and Experience
- An accounting degree and CPA/CA qualification will be regarded favourably as there is room for growth within this role.
- Three years solid Collections experience including high volume calls, and the ability to develop a rapport with clients;
- Advanced Excel and experience with multiple accounting packages and CRMs required;
- Excellent verbal communication skills in order to build a strong relationship with our elite clientele;
- Experience dealing with push back from clients on collections and managing emotions;
- High performer;
- Solutions focused;
- Well organised and able to meet deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work within a young, high energy team.